WANTED: 1.2x Extender for Arri Standard lenses

Sean Cheung

• Premium Member

I'm looking for extenders for some Arri-S bayonet lenses. Ideally I'd like to find a 1.15x or 1.2x Extender. 

I believe there used to be some Optex conversion kits that were often used. If anybody has any hanging around please let me know!

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, Barbara Holler said:

HI Sean

I have a Colcine Super 16 x2 extender and I have a Precision Optics 2x Extender for Super 16 as well.  Would either of these be of interest?

Hi Barbara, thanks for replying to the message. I am hoping for the shorter extensions, but will keep your stock in mind. Can you let me know the costs of your 2x extenders though please, either on this thread or direct msg.

Many thanks!

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Sean Cheung said:

I'm looking for extenders for some Arri-S bayonet lenses. Ideally I'd like to find a 1.15x or 1.2x Extender. 

I believe there used to be some Optex conversion kits that were often used. If anybody has any hanging around please let me know!

I’m not sure anyone ever made short extenders like that in Arri B mount or S mount, it was only ever 1.4x or 2x. And they generally don’t work with wide primes, only zooms or primes with minimal rear protrusion.

The Optex conversion kits were replacement rear optics for the Zeiss 10-100 mainly, though I think they may have offered some for other zooms too. But they would have been all used up by now, I haven’t seen one for sale in many years. Maybe you’ll get lucky.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dom Jaeger said:

I’m not sure anyone ever made short extenders like that in Arri B mount or S mount, it was only ever 1.4x or 2x. And they generally don’t work with wide primes, only zooms or primes with minimal rear protrusion.

The Optex conversion kits were replacement rear optics for the Zeiss 10-100 mainly, though I think they may have offered some for other zooms too. But they would have been all used up by now, I haven’t seen one for sale in many years. Maybe you’ll get lucky.

This is really useful information. I wasn't aware that the Optex conversion included replacement optics! I assumed that it was just like an extension tube that could attach to rear of lens. 

It is indeed a Zeiss 10-100mm which I'm dealing with, but there is also a 9-50mm which I was hoping to use more extensively beyond R16. (I.e. maybe on a S35 sensor)