What is the color of death??

I watched a Netflix movie called "Alkhallat+". In the film there is a scene inside a morgue and they used to light the scene by using a color that you may say it lies between blue and green. when I saw this scene I thought this color truly does represent death. so I thought I should ask you guys what color or what lighting technique  you like to use when you have a scene that represents death?

Captureg.PNG

Capture.PNG

• Premium Member

Kind questioner, the traditional colour of death is the colour of your hair and shirt. E.g., What colour is death in Bergman's Seventh Seal?

Otherwise, the colour of death could be any colour at all, according to context. Obviously.

Best wishes.

• Premium Member

There are cultural associations -- white with death in Asian cultures, black in Western cultures -- but color symbols in movies are more about context and repetition, following the old rule if that if it happens once, it's an accident, twice it's a coincidence, and three times, it's a motif.

Cyan is often used in horror movies mainly because it's creepy on skintones and also because it can be used for moonlight effects.

• Like 1