My 1924 Victor Ultra Cine. Battery Operated!

Robert Murphy

Hello everyone, I’m new. My name is Robert and I just got into the 16mm hobby. My first camera is a doozy. A 1924 Victor Ultra Cine. Powered by a 6v battery which I have already made a modern replacement for. It’s pretty rare as only about 50 were made, and I own the 50th one. The camera seems to run fine, but it’s missing a few parts. 

It’s missing its’ lens and one sprocket. The lens I’m trying to replicate using another lens that I am going to machine down to fit. I just bought a lathe to do this work. The sprocket is unique as it only has 7 teeth. I was lucky enough to find two single perf 7 tooth sprocket  that I can turn into one double perf.

The camera also runs at 14 fps, so I will be using a stroboscope to adjust the governor to the correct speed once it’s all put back together. I have a YouTube video about it if anyone is interested. 

Here she is:

IMG_0172.thumb.jpeg.593ae96d0d09867479d31ea208c1110a.jpeg

I have since had the front name plate professionally reproduced. 

Here are a few links with info on the camera and company.

https://www.kinocameras.com/apparatus/victor-ultra-cine

https://www.antiquephotographica.info/VICTOR ULTRA CINE CAMERA WEB DETAIL 11-30-2017.htm

Edited by Robert Murphy

17 minutes ago, Charles MacDonald said:

if you want to USE this, you will find that Single perf film is Much easier to find, But you will have to check that the pulldown claw is on the correct side for single perf film.

Thank you! I actually have stocked up on several rolls of 40 iso double perf b&w reversal film from the Film Photography Project.