Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'glamour'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Cinematography Forums
    • General Discussion
    • Cine Marketplace
    • Cameras Systems and Formats
    • Lighting for Film & Video
    • Camera Operating & Gear
    • Camera Assistant / DIT & Gear
    • Grip & Rigging
    • Visual Effects Cinematography
    • Post Production
    • Students, New Filmmakers, Film Schools and Programs
    • Lenses & Lens Accessories
    • Film Stocks & Processing
    • Books for the Cinematographer
    • Cinematographers
    • Directors and Directing
    • In Production / Behind the Scenes
    • On Screen / Reviews & Observations
    • Business Practices & Producing
    • Camera & Lighting Equipment Resources
    • Jobs, Resumes, and Reels
    • Please Critique My Work
    • Cinematography News
    • Sound
    • Off Topic
    • Accessories (Deprecated SubForum)
    • Regional Cinematography Groups

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





My Gear


Found 2 results

  1. A vintage pinup magazine 'The great cross-country girl hunt' 68 pages. https://photographysgoldenage.wordpress.com/2018/09/27/glamour-photography-magazine-1957/
  2. Hi all, Firstly, full disclosure: the question I am looking for advice on relates to still, rather than moving image. If this is is inappropriate please feel free to delete this thread and my account from the site. The reason I am posting here though is I am looking for advice on filters which seem to predominantly be used in film by Tiffen and Schneider, rather than photography. Screw in versions for dslrs etc are available (of black pro mist, soft fx, hollywood black magic filters etc) but all my local hire places stock only the versions used for video equipment, and enquiries on photo site forums have largely drawn a blank. The most useful information I've found online has been gleaned from this site. Basically I am looking for some kind of diffusion filter that would give an 'glamourous' effect similar to 70s instamatic cameras and polaroids. Good examples of this would be Antonio Lopez's instamatics and Andy Warhols polaroids - please feel free to put me right here, but it seems the slightly 'diffused'/soft quality comes from the combination of hard light which is diffused by a soft plastic lens. I've been trying to do this with a Zeiss Softar I lens using a flash, which although is a great piece of glass, doesn't quite do the job (example here). Hard to put my finger on why, but perhaps it blows out the flash highlights a little too far while losing too many of the darker tones, but subject matter from the example aside, I can't quite see it producing the desired glamorous results. I'm also looking for a little more subtlety - I want the effect to be visible but not dominant enough to seem gimmicky and I find the softar a little too much in that regard. Have also tried using plastic lenses but these suffered from a lack of control and loss of resolution. I'm thinking a Black Mist or Hollywood Black Magic filter might be good for this but being unable to find somewhere to try varying strengths etc I don't want to spend loads of money without a little more insight! If anyone is able to advise on this I would be most grateful! And if this post is appropriate for the forum, my apologies.
  • Create New...