The Original Scoopic and 400 EI

Michael Summers

I just picked up the original scoopic 16 off ebay for a great price and it runs fantastic. i ordered some film the other day and forgot to mention that i wanted 100 ei, and i was sent a roll of 400 and dont have time to send it back. the asa meter on the scoopic 16 only goes up to 320-am i still safe to shoot in 400 asa? i would think that i would just have to use external metering, which i would have anyway.

• Premium Member
I just picked up the original scoopic 16 off ebay for a great price and it runs fantastic. i ordered some film the other day and forgot to mention that i wanted 100 ei, and i was sent a roll of 400 and dont have time to send it back. the asa meter on the scoopic 16 only goes up to 320-am i still safe to shoot in 400 asa? i would think that i would just have to use external metering, which i would have anyway.

How close is the reading to what a normal meter says? That will tell you if the meter in the camera needs calibration...

The one stop speed below 400 is 200, normaly you find 250 and 320 as the Third of a stop mid values so you would be UNDER exposing by a third of a stop. Negative film is normaly happier with Over exposure, reversal with Under.

Will it work for a test to see if the Camera is actually working? I can't see why not.