One Last Question

Mark Smith

Okay, I think I have all the info I need for a camera purchase...I.m just curious about one more item. If I buy a R16 camera and get a lens package with it [Zeiss Super-Speed Primes 9.5, 12, 16, 25, T*1.3], but then a few years down the road want to convert the camera to a S16, will I need to buy entirely new lenses, or will those lenses work for the S16 image as well? The camera would probably be an SRI or SRII.

Thanks,

Mark.

Mark, More generally, your question is answered on a case by case basis. If these are the lenses that you will actually get, then you have your answer. Otherwise, for each 16mm. lens you would buy, you'd have to find out whether they will cover a full S-16 frame or not. In the case of zoom lenses, it's a little more complicated as a zoom lens may be compatible with S-16 only on part of its range (mostly true of wide-angle zooms : a 10 or 12 -100 zoom, for instance, may cause vignetting below 15 or 16, for instance, and be fine above).

If you look throughthe archives, you will find a lot of questions about this or that particuar lens model's compatibility with the S-16 frame.

-B

Okay, thanks. I.ll just make sure to check with the guys at DuAll before I plunk down any cash. Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone on the board here the last few days...You answered pretty much all of my questions and let me do the fun part of comparing cameras[!]

Mark.