New Kino?

I saw a picture of a new kinoflo but can't find it on they're website. anyone know about it?

greg: you probably heard about the new kino flo barfly fixtures. we showed them at the n.a.b. trade show in las vegas recently. they operate very much like your select 4bank, double or single fixtures--with a remote select ballast, individual lamp switching, head cable, removable mount, and honeycomb louver-- but the lamps are in thin (1" deep) metal fixtures, similar to kino flo image fixtures. the barfly fixtures use a new kino flo designed lamp that comes in 2900K and 5500K color temps.

the barfly 400 is about 12" x 15" x 1" (deep) but puts displays light similar to a 4ft 4bank system or a diva-lite 400 fixture.

the products can be rented from kino flo until early next year when we will make them available for sale.

regards,

scott stueckle

kino flo, inc.

I saw a picture of a new kinoflo but can't find it on they're website. anyone know about it?

greg: you probably heard about the new kino flo barfly fixtures. we showed them at the n.a.b. trade show in las vegas recently. they operate very much like your select 4bank, double or single fixtures--with a remote select ballast, individual lamp switching, head cable, removable mount, and honeycomb louver-- but the lamps are in thin (1" deep) metal fixtures, similar to kino flo image fixtures. the barfly fixtures use a new kino flo designed lamp that comes in 2900K and 5500K color temps.

the barfly 400 is about 12" x 15" x 1" (deep) but puts displays light similar to a 4ft 4bank system or a diva-lite 400 fixture.

the products can be rented from kino flo until early next year when we will make them available for sale.

regards,

scott stueckle

kino flo, inc.

post-3793-1150146107.jpg

• 2 months later...

Can anyone ballpark the price that this unit will go for?

I am in the market for a Kino Flo and was wondering if waiting for this light makes sense because it outputs the same amount of light as a Diva only in a smaller shell.

But if the Barfly will cost 2 to 3 times as much as a Diva, then maybe I should just buy a Diva.

Thanks

• Premium Member

B)-->

QUOTE(Jason B @ Aug 28 2006, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe I should just buy a Diva.

Diva's are just "OK" but not excellent. The 55W biax tubes have problems with color shifting. I speak from experience as the owner of several Kino Diva 200's. Save your money.

If you can spend a little more, the 2' 4-Bank Select is a much more versatile light with better color accuracy.

Diva's are just "OK" but not excellent. The 55W biax tubes have problems with color shifting.

I had that same color-shifting problem with the Mole biax light -- very definite pink shift. I own two 4x4 selects which serve me very well. Dropped the heads in a pool a few weeks back (with the ballasts well away from the water.)

• Premium Member
I had that same color-shifting problem with the Mole biax light -- very definite pink shift. I own two 4x4 selects which serve me very well. Dropped the heads in a pool a few weeks back (with the ballasts well away from the water.)

Hi,

The tungsten kino tubes for a Diva are 2900K and not 3200K.

Stephen