BUYING & PROCESSING FILM STOCK ABROAD-INDIA

Hi, Planning a 2 month trip back to South India to do some documentary production work on 2 ideas I'm still working on, and wonder what anyone thinks or know about buying & processing film stock from/in India.

I notice that Kodak has accredited labs, but they're not really near where I'll be. So I would have to order film from them which has to be shipped by mail & then I'll mail exposed film to them for development. I haven't found anything near Bangalore which is the nearest city to me, still 3 hours away.

Cinelabs in Mumbai looks the best. I've emailed them for film availability and lab fees but I haven't gotten response from my email inquires.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

thanks

stephen

Hi, Planning a 2 month trip back to South India to do some documentary production work on 2 ideas I'm still working on, and wonder what anyone thinks or know about buying & processing film stock from/in India.

I notice that Kodak has accredited labs, but they're not really near where I'll be. So I would have to order film from them which has to be shipped by mail & then I'll mail exposed film to them for development. I haven't found anything near Bangalore which is the nearest city to me, still 3 hours away.

Cinelabs in Mumbai looks the best. I've emailed them for film availability and lab fees but I haven't gotten response from my email inquires.

thanks

stephen

Hi Stephen

I just did a film in India. All though we shot HD, we had a few flashback scenes we shot on 35mm. We got the Fuji stock in Mumbai and also had it developed there. The name of the lab has for some reason escaped me. I think it was Cinelabs.

We had no trouble purchasing film stock there.

Good luck with your project.

Marcel

• Premium Member

If you contact any of the Kodak sales offices in India, they will help you locate a good local lab:

INDIA

Kodak India Private Limited

2nd Floor, Kalpataru Synery

Off Western Express Highway,

opp. Grand Hyatt

Vakola Sanacruz (East),

Mumbai - 400 055

Phone: 91-22 - 66416762 / 91-22-66416768

Fax: 91-22-66416769

Bangalore

Ananth A. Padmanabha

Kodak India Private Limited,

Survey No 63 / 9 , Doddarthogur Village,

behind Birla 3M factory

Electronic City, Hosur Road, Bangalore,

Tel No:91-98860 08642

Email : anantha.padmanabha@kodak.com

http://wwwin.kodak.com/IN/en/motion/about/region.jhtml

Prasad has a lab in Bangalore:

Prasad Film Laboratories

77, Industrial Suburb II Stage

Bangalore Tumkur Road

Bangalore 560022

91 80 337 9916 / 91 80 337 9926 phone

update lab info

http://wwwin.kodak.com/cgi-bin/US/en/motio.../labLocator.cgi

thanks

stephen

Kodak do have their own lab in Mumbai,for negetive processing only,

and Prasad lab Bangalore is also accredited by kodak,

As pytalk mentioned you can get the stock by contacting Mr.Ananth of kodak bangalore,

his mobile No.is 9886008642

Murthy