Theater screening with DVX100a footage

Korhan20

Hey everyone,

I've completed my feature (www.clockingpaper.com) and I secured a theater to have a private screening. The projector at the theater is a Christie Digital CP2000. They have a dvd player hooked up to it and I ran a screen test with a DL dvd that I encoded with multipass VBR using CCE. The dvd player was connected to the projector via component cable. The close ups looked pretty good but all of my wide shots looked semi-blurry and kind of pixelated. There are also some subtitles in the film and they look kind of blurry.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? I was looking into up-sampling the resolution to fit the projector's native resolution and connecting to the projector via DVI straight out of a computer. Will this give me a massive increase in the video quality and solve my blurry problem with the wider shots? I know that there isn't much that I can do because my image was captured on miniDV using a DVX100a, but is there any way that I can increase the picture quality so I don't get blurry on my wide shots? Any ideas/feedback would be very helpful. Thank you.

-Korhan