carmounts and voiture travelling

Wim Vanswijgenhoven

hello,

I was wondering if somebody could give me some advise about rigging carmounts or rigging moving lights on a voiture travelling (lowrider). Wich carmount is the best for a sony 900 camera with highspeed lenses for example? Whats the best way for rigging lights on a lowrider? I used a carmount before buth those were all for small cameras. Are there some manuals or something on the web or does anyone have a good advise to solve this beginners problem.

thx a lot

wim

When it comes to mounting low riders and classic cars it is best to hire someone who knows the mechanics of building a mount. you can seriously get into trouble scratching paint et al. It only takes one slip to be in serious financial trouble.

Hire a pro. Save your self.

Speed rail is the best way to rig lights.

Use a ShotMaker.

hello,

thx for the response. The thing is, there are going to be pro's who whe hired with the equipment of the voiture travelling. I just dont want to look like an ass and know a little what there is supposed to be done.

Im sorry for my english, Im from belgium ;-)

thx again for the tips

wim

ps: how do you change your usersnames?

Edited by vanswijgenhoven

The voiture travelling (low rider) is close to what we use here as a Process or insert car. There is no real overall "best" way. It depends on what you are doing. You can put a small dolly on the voiture travelling and shoot from the camera dolly. Or use one of many Cheese plates and mounts. Almost any 35 mount will accomplish what you are wanting. Go to the Modern Studio web page and look at their mounts. They have a good selection of mounts that will allow you to Use your Imagination to find ways of mounting your Sony. The Crew with the voiture travelling lowrider will probably be able to do what ever you want just tell them where the camera needs to be and be realistic about it.

Rely on them they are the pro's and know what their gear is capable of.

• Premium Member

Any Grip worth his money will have his own kit or get it in. Most UK shoots would also have a rigger who will get anything anywhere with steel tube, fittings and 20 minutes.

You may find yourself in dangerous territory if anything goes wrong and you don't have a competent Grip on the shoot. Money well spent.