Red Marketing Campaign

Mike Miller

Does anyone remember such a marketing campaign in the digital cinema, TV, or pro-video field? Sony employees are not even allowed to participate in forum discussions. I call that class.

I don't see any problem. :unsure: They have a product (a camera) and people on forums like this use cameras. They want to sell it so they go to the people who are likely to buy it. The people here who have questions get to ask and the people selling get to answer.

To each his own, but I prefer getting as much information about an item as possible before I buy it Of course one has to do his own research (independent testing, second hand accounts, etc) and compare with what the manufacturer claims. But I personally don't see a problem with a company and its representatives making themselves available for those who have questions and concerns. I wish other companies of all types would have that kind of customer service. :)

• Premium Member

John Pytlak's job for Kodak was partly to answer questions online in forums.

We have on various forums and email groups Mitch from Abel Cine Tech (Aaton, Phantom), Illya from Dalsa, Andy from Panavision, Jan from Panasonic, Marc from ARRI, Mark from Thomson-Grass Valley (Viper), the Sony distributors at BandPro... what, you want them ALL banned from posting online? I think it's a great service to be able to communicate directly with these companies about their products.

Does anyone remember such a marketing campaign in the digital cinema, TV, or pro-video field? Sony employees are not even allowed to participate in forum discussions. I call that class.

I get the feeling that you are only here to be anti-red--considering you only joined yesterday and already have 25 posts that are all RED related.

I don't know about you but I like talking with people from different company's. In fact, when I called to order some equipment today I talked with someone who's posts I had already been reading online. There is a connection there that I'm not talking to a stranger--it's very nice.

Matthew