A quick question....

I dont have time to test this, and was wondering, does anyone know which gives more F-stop(lux - whatever) from lets say 1.5 meters distance:

a Bounced Redhead of a white foam, with a full CTB , or a short daylight 4-bank kinoflo?

thanks ..

Nadav Hekselman

I dont have time to test this, and was wondering, does anyone know which gives more F-stop(lux - whatever) from lets say 1.5 meters distance:

a Bounced Redhead of a white foam, with a full CTB , or a short daylight 4-bank kinoflo?

thanks ..

Nadav Hekselman

Well Red heads come in 650 and 1 K so i am not sure which one you arer referring to. I would say that the KINO will be more efficient in that you can get it closer to the subject with out it being in the shot where as a bounce you have subject, light then bounce card . Its further away I also think the Kino is a nicer look.

I guess kino flo (obviously depends your the lamp wattage power), you're more direct soft light and you can use this light near to the subject don't produce heat like other tungsten light...

If you don't have time to test this you can always look in kino or arri website the photometric chart...

Xavier Plaza

Edited by Xavier Plaza

Please correct me if I am wrong in my thinking. Gelling that 650 full CTB would reduce it to around 100 watts and then bouncing that would really knock it down quite a bit, certainly less than your Kino. Sound right?

Phil