Mounting camera on top of something

Michael Jasen

Hello! Hoping for a little help.

I need to mount a panasonic HVX-200 directly over-top of something and shoot down. Specifically, I need to have the camera above a record player and shoot the record dead on from the top. Tilting the record player doesn't allow the arm to work properly.

Is there a piece of equipment to do this?

Any other tips or tricks?

Thanks!

-mike

Hello! Hoping for a little help.

I need to mount a panasonic HVX-200 directly over-top of something and shoot down. Specifically, I need to have the camera above a record player and shoot the record dead on from the top. Tilting the record player doesn't allow the arm to work properly.

Is there a piece of equipment to do this?

Any other tips or tricks?

Thanks!

-mike

You don't mention what kind of equipment you have as far as heads, etc. If you have a dolly and an O'Conner head, it's simply a matter of putting a camera offset on the dolly and tilting straight down over the record player. There are a lot of ways to do it but it would help to know what you have to work with. Do you have a key grip or Dolly grip? He could also do this for you.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cinemagadgets.com/images/008_1873.gif

The HVX is lightweight enough to mount with a C-Stand and sandbag using the Digital Camera Starter, an Aluminum Baby Pin with a 1/4-20 Male Thread.

The Digital Camera Starter is manufactured by Modern Studio Equipment and available for online purchase from www.filmtools.com and www.cinemagadgets.com.

Mount the HVX anywhere you want.

A Cardellini clamp on the HVX Handle will work too.