Droid Hunter Opening Credits

Hi!

I love some feedback on this clip from my short film.

Thanks!

Sterling

Silva Screen Productions

It's very strange which I like. I really hope it isn't a comedy as that would be dissapointing. I love the 80's style text and the bizzare use of the flock of seagulls soundtrack which is not what I would imagine for a sci-fi movie so it definitely has the whole Marie Antoinette thing going on which is great.

On the downside the actual images were kind of boring and didn't say enough about the film.

My favourite shot was a shot of someones foot. I loved that. It was preety incongrous and I was shocked for a slight moment but you held the shot for too long so that the initial shock wore off and I started to have envy for the nice trainers and started to question the sock thing.

Maybe you could recut it with someone walking across the screen or just something where there is more going on and maybe add intertitles to say something or cut it to the music some more. At the moment, if it wasn't for the title, I might think the film is about a satellite tv salesman who likes to smoke in the sun and take it easy.

Hope that helps a little.

love

Freya

Thank you for the feedback!

:lol:

It's very strange which I like. I really hope it isn't a comedy as that would be dissapointing. I love the 80's style text and the bizzare use of the flock of seagulls soundtrack which is not what I would imagine for a sci-fi movie so it definitely has the whole Marie Antoinette thing going on which is great.

On the downside the actual images were kind of boring and didn't say enough about the film.

My favourite shot was a shot of someones foot. I loved that. It was preety incongrous and I was shocked for a slight moment but you held the shot for too long so that the initial shock wore off and I started to have envy for the nice trainers and started to question the sock thing.

Maybe you could recut it with someone walking across the screen or just something where there is more going on and maybe add intertitles to say something or cut it to the music some more. At the moment, if it wasn't for the title, I might think the film is about a satellite tv salesman who likes to smoke in the sun and take it easy.

Hope that helps a little.

love

Freya

Watched it again, bits I think you should definitely keep:

The bit where he looks at the photo. Definitely keep it and keep it exactly where it is in relation to the trailer. It's great there.

Keep the bit where he is walking and there is the titles, you could try slowing the frame rate a little even if it won't fall apart.

I feel it's bad for your opening shot to be an empty car park. It means the first thing your viewers will see is an empty car park. It's daring but it might be too far out even for me, and you hold this shot for too long in this context. I like the whole empty car park thing, but I feel you should maybe add it to the end of the trailer, there you could hold the shot and it would add a sort of suspense and it would be a bit of a shock for people when the trailer just ends. Alternatively you could just cut the empty car park in the middle somewhere. That might be best, you could cut to it a few times and people would be wondering why you are cutting back to the empty car park, is something going to happen there, will a car arrive? You just don't know. If you really want to go wild you could cut back and forth between the foot and the empty car park. This would be my choice but definitely might be a problem in the context of the current sound track and I think you should keep with the flock of seagulls.

Hope that helps. It's been quite inspirational watching your trailer, made me think about feet and cinematography in a whole new way.

Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

love

Freya