Mysterious Stripe

Art Leal

Has anyone experienced this problem? The image I have here is what the first few seconds appears on rolls of developed Kodak 200T and 500T. It has happened with every camera I have used but not on every roll I have shot, but most. The image is inverted, so its really a blue stripe on a white background. All the processing has been done through Spectra. I haven't sent it to a different lab so I can't really blame Spectra.

I do know that I have not always labeled my packages "do not X-ray", so am wondering if this is the cause, since I've never seen a film with X-ray damage. The stripe is carried through the entire roll and when telecined the right side of the image appears lighter than the rest and discolored.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30330913@N08/3462053672/

• Premium Member
Has anyone experienced this problem? The image I have here is what the first few seconds appears on rolls of developed Kodak 200T and 500T. It has happened with every camera I have used but not on every roll I have shot, but most. The image is inverted, so its really a blue stripe on a white background.

That looks like a light leak to me. What kind of camera are you using? S8?

Cheers, Dave

Hello Dave:

Yes, the cameras are Super 8 models. Thanks

Art

Hello!

I had the same problem with b/w films shot in various cameras but mainly eumig nautica. I started a thread about that problem and most people suggested it is a light leak or a chemistry issue. Light leak throughout almost a whole roll seemed to me not so likely to have happened so i figured i did something wrong when i home processed the films. The effect looks exactly the same a stripe in perfs and also this stripe is a bit green comparing to the rest of the film area.

alexandros

Hello!

I had the same problem with b/w films shot in various cameras but mainly eumig nautica. I started a thread about that problem and most people suggested it is a light leak or a chemistry issue. Light leak throughout almost a whole roll seemed to me not so likely to have happened so i figured i did something wrong when i home processed the films. The effect looks exactly the same a stripe in perfs and also this stripe is a bit green comparing to the rest of the film area.

alexandros

Thanks A;exandros. I've wondered about the processing as well, but I haven't sent them to any other place other than Spectra. I'll need to look into that in order to confirm. Any recommendations for a US-based lab that handles S8 negative stocks?