Developing Super 8 in Spain

We are shooting a spot in Mallorca soon and we want to shoot some Super 8. Does anyone know of somewhere in Spain, or nearby, that develops Super 8? Also, is there a place in Spain that sells Kodak stocks in Super 8, aside from the stocks Kodak typically sells? I'd love to find somewhere that sells the 7213 or 7207 recut to fit a Super 8 camera.

Thanks all

Travis

• Premium Member

Welcome in 2010, Travis...

Number of Super8 cartridges found for sale on Mallorca: Zero.

Super 8 Daylight Color Negative stock from Kodak in foot / meters: Zero.

Number of spanish labs doing overnight processing of 7207 or 7213 in Super 8: Zero.

Pro8mm does offer daylight stock in S8 cartridges. Wittner also offers Fuji 250D as 200 ft rolls in S8 perforation.

Shoot 16. It's no big deal and probably just as affordable.

Best of luck, Oliver.

Wittner also sell the Pro8 stocks of re-cut Kodak negative. I would suggest using Andec for processing. Yes, for not much more you could shoot on 16mm, but shooting on 16 isn't the same as shooting on super 8. There are reasons one might want to use one gauge over the other for a particular project. Could be the more inconspicuous camera, could be the auto iris, could be due to non-cinematographers using the camera, could be a transport thing, could be a speed of shooting thing. Use whatever is most appropriate.

We are shooting a spot in Mallorca soon and we want to shoot some Super 8. Does anyone know of somewhere in Spain, or nearby, that develops Super 8? Also, is there a place in Spain that sells Kodak stocks in Super 8, aside from the stocks Kodak typically sells? I'd love to find somewhere that sells the 7213 or 7207 recut to fit a Super 8 camera.

Thanks all

Travis

check out www.onsuper8.org is has a listing of most all of the labs and transfer houses around the world. Also, buy super 8 negative direct from Kodak. They are now offering 7213 in super 8. A recan into a refurbished cart can be very grainy and unreliable. Buy fresh from Kodak, it is often the best price also.

• 1 month later...

Thanks all

Travis

Hello friends, we have a laboratory in Spain (low price):

http://www.reveladoreversible.webs.com/

Regards.