'First Light'

And I do wish we'd stop glorifying World War 2 as if it make it OK for us to be rubbish now.

Phil, I dare say that's the first post I've seen you make where I can't figure out what you're intending to say because of typos and or grammar :blink:

BTW, I just finished a BF109 in 1/32 scale and now I'm starting on the Spitfire. I am hanging them in my boys room as a part of our salute to the Battle Of Britain. And I'm not even joking!

R,

PART of your salute to the Battle of Brition? :blink: Is this like a British thing, kinda, sorta like our 4th of July or something? If so, I didn't realize it was formally celebrated, I just assumed it was just something you were (rightfully so) proud of as a nation.

Edited by James Steven Beverly

PART of your salute to the Battle of Brition? :blink: Is this like a British thing, kinda, sorta like our 4th of July or something? If so, I didn't realize it was formally celebrated, I just assumed it was just something you were (rightfully so) proud of as a nation.

Yes, it's a formal holiday I am starting. There where Americans who flew FYI, and whole lot of Canadians, entire squadrons where made up of just Canadians.

I tried to watch the stuff on the BBC website that Rupe linked to, it says, "not available in your area". So that's what Canada gets for its continued loyalty to the queen!!! :angry:

R,

• Premium Member

... not sure what you mean Phil... this film doesn't glorify the war - it's more about the emotion and endurance of the (very) young pilots who fought then. And it's based on a very powerful memoir. Perhaps you may have watched it...

Main unit was a 750 with adaptor to reduce the stop with Zeiss Primes. Dop was Mark Wolf, Focus Puller Gordon Segrove.