What will all like to hear

Jason McKelvey

A friend of mine was editing (out in Vegas) a commercial we shot together here in Florida. The owner of the large post house watched the rough cut and asked if it was shot on film. Anyone care to guess what we used? You guessed it -- the SDX900.

PS I didn't put this in the SDX900 forum because I wanted to share this with all the video guys.

Edited by JasonMcKelvey

I understood the super8 statement, I just didn't understand why he felt he had to make an unprevoked statement like that. It's a TV commercial guys, not a feature. No one would ever think of making a movie with digital video... oh, well except that one movie with Tom Cruise and Jamie Fox. And Star Wars. And Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Ease up a bit on the video guys. The 900's a great camera.

John,

I don't know the place, Jack Chew was the editor, I don't know if you know him.

• Premium Member

Jason, video is very wide. DV and HD for instance are miles away one from another. Video itself don't mean much. Same with film just like super 8 is miles away from 70 mm... One of the main problems in comparing formats is the size you can "enlarge" the image and still have a good quality. A tube is so small that only a few people can notice the difference beetween formats.