Canon 7D output

Paul Bartok

Hi I've started working long events with my 7d and I have 32 GB worth of CF cards and its still not enough especially i have a all day one coming up and i do not have the time to ingest my footage. off topic I've been really interested in trying to extract a 4:2:2 signal from the 7D for other uses, does any one know what the true chroma sample is from the hdmi feed, but my main question is can i just use a black magic hyper deck shuttle SSD to capture long duration of film instead of on CF cards,

Nope, there's no uncompressed HDMI from 7D nor 5D markII, it's been tested. The best you can do with an external recorder is record with codec other than h264.

Plus usually what small productions do is, using several memory cards, besides you need more than just one camera to avoid the overheat, so you don't have to wait till the camera to get cooled off.

Martin, Would it work out cheaper tho to use a external recorder than buy a whole bunch more CF cards, Its probably looking not so, and yes over heating is a really annoying problem.

Have you figured how to get rid of the focus reference square on the screen, when recording with HDMI output? Because it was mainly designed to be monitoring, so you get what you see exactly the same on the camera's LCD screen. Not sure if anybody had got over that problem