Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello all,


I am going to transfer very old 35 mm optical sound rolls.


I am constructing a reproducer to do it that is using idler rollers from a telecine,

so that the film will be only touched on the edges.

Drive sprocket is adjustable to allow for shrinkage.


My Magnatech deck (highly modified) uses a good wow and flutter damper with two dancer arms.

I am going to replace the two idler rollers with telecine PTR rollers.

That way the film only touches rubber.



Where can I get the PTR rollers that are about 1 1/4 inch diameter?

I need two sets of rollers, and two mounts.

(Not the 3 inch Kodak ones.)


I have both mono and stereo PEC cells, into 3 Jensen mag preamps (converted to optical.)

Universal Audio 2192 converters.

Logic Pro for 192K sound files.

Tension servos are adjustable to stop at any warble larger than a splice for safety.


Thanks for any help

and all suggestions are welcome,


Pete Barth


retired from Paramount

(but can't stop working)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Glidecam

    Abel Cine

    Metropolis Post

    New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

    Wooden Camera

    Rig Wheels Passport

    Paralinx LLC

    Gamma Ray Digital Inc

    Ritter Battery

    Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

    Serious Gear

    Tai Audio

    Visual Products

    Broadcast Solutions Inc


  • Create New...