Kodachrome turns to the dark side?

John Adolfi

You know its easier to critize someone when they are placing them selves out there with strong opinions than to stand for something. TSM its one thing to express a counter opinion to someone. Its another to try to humiliate them by laughing at them. I believe with 319 posts the word "advanced" should really be reserved for those who have learned respect.

John P. I appreciate your demeanor in handeling all the negative. I believe Alssandro has made many very important points. I was hoping that someday someone would shoot a 35mm movie in Kodachrome. You talk about spliting up the pie if kodak added more S8 film stock options? Well did they consider that eliminating Kodachrome would impact the market negativily. I for one am looking seriously to HDV and abandoning Super-8 all together. I was hoping of hearing about Switz getting up and running. I was hoping for a US branch that had better quality control than Dwyanes. I was eagar to hear about improvements in film technology and the prcessing and transfers that would allow us to produce the best picture possible. Alessandro I feel almost as upset as you. This week is sadder than Anakin turning to the dark side.

Edited by John Adolfi

• Premium Member

John, thanks for recognizing my words as being a combination of frustration AND also ideas to possibly either rectify the situation or make the "transition" smoother.

Meanwhile, a Super-8 film shot with Kodachrome 40, "The Man who Met Himself", is a finalist in this years Cannes Film Festival in the short film category. Approximately half a dozen finalists were selected from over 3000 entries!

John, thanks for recognizing my words as being a combination of frustration AND also ideas to possibly either rectify the situation or make the "transition" smoother.

Meanwhile, a Super-8 film shot with Kodachrome 40, "The Man who Met Himself", is a finalist in this years Cannes Film Festival in the short film category.  Approximately half a dozen finalists were selected from over 3000 entries!

Was this a remake of a film called "The Man Who Was Hunting Himself?"