Gamma + Colorshift when exporting to quicktime in Davinci

Artyom Zakharenko

Hi everyone

Im trying to export a project i graded in Davinci to single Quicktime Prores422 files. When i open the exported files in Quicktime i notice a huge gamma shift and a greenish shade, looks completely different from what i did in Davinci. I know for sure it has nothing to do with monitor calibration, because i only have 1 monitor. I've checked out some forums but no clear answers there. Is anyone familiar to this problem and if so what to do?

Shot on F55 in XAVC. A friend of mine said it has to do with the source footage which has a higher bitrate, but i couldnt find confirmation on that info on the internet.

See screenshot below. Upper image is what i intended to do, the one below shows the actual export.

post-44366-0-49697600-1456331155_thumb.jpg

Edited by Artyom Zakharenko

I'm not an expert in DaVinci, I'm still learning a lot, but I know I had a very similar problem last year, when the my actual export looked mikly and with a gamma shift. I was kind of frustrated.

It's a problem with your video and data levels. Did you grade setting your levels on Data or Video? and you exported with which setting?

This drove me crazy for months! Change your color profile in system preferences -> displays to srgb. This should fix the issue with the way it is displaying your file. Quicktime does not have color management built in so it will most always show up different than the intended color space.

Hi everyone

Im trying to export a project i graded in Davinci to single Quicktime Prores422 files. When i open the exported files in Quicktime i notice a huge gamma shift and a greenish shade, looks completely different from what i did in Davinci. I know for sure it has nothing to do with monitor calibration, because i only have 1 monitor. I've checked out some forums but no clear answers there. Is anyone familiar to this problem and if so what to do?

Shot on F55 in XAVC. A friend of mine said it has to do with the source footage which has a higher bitrate, but i couldnt find confirmation on that info on the internet.

See screenshot below. Upper image is what i intended to do, the one below shows the actual export.

Even when all settings are correct, the QT player usually shows a false representation. So it's not a good application for screening films correctly unfortunately.