A couple of my projects

Hi guys!

First let me introduce myself. My name is Vital and I'm from Slovenija.

Anyway when I was a kid I wanted to make movies the moment my dad bought the first Hi8 camera. Well since I was a kid we shot a lot and edited very little and finished almost nothing.

Then when studied graphic design in college but my favorite curses were of course photography and cinematography. So when I graduated I kept on doing photography since DSLRs were getting available but didn't have a video camera so I didn't shoot anything for a bunch of years.

Well one of my other hobbies is also dancing and since I've been a semi-professional dancer for years and last year I got to perform in commercial it reminded me how much I've always wanted to make movies or anything along these lines.

So with the money I got from that very video I bought myself a new DSLR that could shoot video and started learning about everything and since my girlfriend had always wanted to also do something along these lines we decided to make our own dance video to see what we could do and learn about stuff.

Well soon after our first video a bunch of people from our dance scene contacted us that they thought we made a nice video and wanted to know if we were interested in making a dance video for them. So we got our first gig and a couple of others after that and a little more than half a year later we've made about 7 dance videos and it's looking like we're going to do even more.

I joined because I'd love to do more along the lines of producing even more stuff and that means learning at every step of the way.

That's why I decided to post a few of the videos and get some feedback.

This is our first video: Last Dance

It was shot during the summer using only available light sources and at times a reflector on my Nikon D7100.

It took us about 60 hours to shoot at all the locations and find the angles and everything.

So first project ever.

This is the gig we got based on our first video

The first one was a group dance video

https://vimeo.com/204753155

This one was hard just because the set where we were shooting was just an empty dance studio so we got a little creative with the lighting and used the dividing wall to make it a little more interesting.

Well one of the dancers from this group gave us a challenge for when she said she needed a bollywood style video done in just one week.

We organized everything from a to z in two days shot it in one day with 11 people that came out and helped and edit it in just two days. So there's a bunch of stuff that could have been done better if we had the time in post. But what I was happy was the shoot because it all went according to plan and we got everything I wanted and on scheduled.

Then we got another chance to make another bollywood dance video

This was a fantastic location to shoot the only thing I wasn't happy here was the coverage at times we didn't shoot enough footage because the performers weren't constant and kept trying out different stuff but there were only two critical areas and I was able to fix it with some b role.

And this is the final video we did it's also a bollywood style video

I was very happy with this video even though it was made again on a tight deadline but everything worked out great because I planed everything down to the letter but we got a little screwed with time on one of the locations.

That's it from us for now.

Like I said I'm learning at every step. The way I see it right now the thing that is hurting me the most is the camera since I'm getting some noise from the compression and if I get the white balance wrong I'm screwed in post.

Hoped you guys liked at least some of the videos and I hope I'll be able to learn some more and get even better at this stuff in the future.

Best regards and thanks for watching

Vital