Short film / experimental "When I kiss my heart"

Nojus Drasutis

Hi, fellows!

Shot it but also helped to direct with my mum.

The Idea was pitched in two days, the film was shot in 7 hours, sculptures were made in 4 days, the whole thing was edited color corrected in two days. It was a good experience. Waiting for your opinions:)

p.s. first time working with raw, haven't figured out how to birng back those extreme highlights in the sky..

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

As no one else is commenting -

- Your mother's acting is subtle and professional

- You've done a great job in post and technically generally

- The video seems to 2 to 4 times too long for the story content. Being diluted this way really diminishes the power of key shots and makes the story harder to follow and less interesting. The first 4 minutes can be summarised as "Woman walks through woods" without really missing anything, and that's something that can be shown in 30 seconds, surely?

Edited by David Mawson
  • Upvote 1

Thank You very much for your reply:)

I agree, the timing needed to be better, but, for my personal taste, as from post-soviet Lithuanian Poethic Cinema background, I like long and, you know, slooow shots that are without any active action or new information. I'm thinking now, that problem is in proportion, as You said - too much walking.

Thanks again

Thank You very much for your reply:)

I agree, the timing needed to be better, but, for my personal taste, as from post-soviet Lithuanian Poethic Cinema background, I like long and, you know, slooow shots that are without any active action or new information.

I like Bergman and Tartovsky and Kurosawa. Slow is not a problem. But time is weight in film and only very strong shots - both aesthetically and in terms of meaning - can survive for the durations that you attempted. Long shots don't create poetic cinema by themselves; that shot duration is something that you can attempt when everything else is right - I'd suggest that it is something you gradually have to work up to.

I like Bergman and Tartovsky and Kurosawa. Slow is not a problem. But time is weight in film and only very strong shots - both aesthetically and in terms of meaning - can survive for the durations that you attempted. Long shots don't create poetic cinema by themselves; that shot duration is something that you can attempt when everything else is right - I'd suggest that it is something you gradually have to work up to.

I agree. Thanks, it's a pleasure for me that you took your time watching and expressing your thoughts, I really appreciate that!

Thanks again,

Nojus