Short "commercial" on 16mm, Eclair ACL, Optar Illumina

Heikki Repo

I had this Summer the joy of shooting a short ecclesial "commercial". I didn't have much crew in addition to me, children and young adults who are in the film were my team, assisting with tape measure and the follow focus. Our church Summer guide pushed a wheelchair for the dolly shots.

Shot on Vision3 500T, S16 converted Eclair ACL, Optar Illumina lenses. For lighting I used a Jinbei 200W LED and three small portable LED panels, mainly for highlights. Two shooting days in the church and some b-shots from the table. Film was processed through scanned by Mutascan in 2K and later super scaled to 4K for better grain online.

We moved pretty fast since on both shooting days in the church we had only about 5-6 hours including lunch break. Would love to hear your comments and feedback for improvement in the future - bear in mind the crew size and the shoelace sized budget though  ?

This looks fantastic to me, Heikki! Well done!

I'm so inspired by this. I will show this to a few people. I really like that this project went with film. Film suits this particular project very well due to the interesting colours and textures of the furnishings and embellishments etc of the interior of the church alongside the natural light.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Jon O'Brien hit the nail on the head there : Absolutely Brilliant! The beautifully light-hearted speeded-up moments in the second half (for that reason "relatable" to youth) is like a relaxing breathing out for the audience, which is also nodding its head with a smile on its face. Just an all-round feel-good Situation, with precision cinematography, editing, vision, vibe. Congratulations on a perfect work.

• Like 1