How many KGs a lighting technician is supposed to carry from a place to a place?

Good  day to you and hope that you are doing AMAZING!

In the Saudi film industry it is the standard for a lighting technician to carry a 120 skypanel mounted on a stand and move it from one place to another. and also it is the standard that he carries a L10-C mounted on a light stand from a place to another. 

The light stand weights 2 KG and L10-C light weight 20KG 
https://www.arri.com/en/lighting/led/l-series-c/l10-c

So my question is: in your industry, is it common that a single lighting technician carries a L10-C light mounted on a stand?? and lets say that you noticed a technician asking someone for assistant and one carries the light and the other carries the stand. As a DP would you discuss this issue with the gaffer and tell him that when two technicians are doing the labor that is supposed to be done by one technician, that means the set up of lighting would take longer than usual?    

sorry for my bad ? 

Rarely do I see a light attached to a stand picked up and moved, usually the head is taken off first. I'm not sure what industry standard practice is with smaller fixtures though for gaffers. Its not something I've ever thought about to be honest.

I work with my gaffer and discuss what we would like to accomplish in a given time period. they turn to the producers and tell them how many people they need on their team to accomplish it. If everyone has a good level of experience there is never an issue in accomplishing what is necessary.

Safety and well being of everyone on the crew should always be a priority.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We move S60's on combo stands daily.  I'm sure we would try to move a s360 if it was more compact.  Anything that doesn't have a header cable really, we will pick up and move unless its going through a door.  A lot of the smaller budget shows with inexperienced DP's think its saves time to do things a certain way.  This usually is a result of no planning and making everything up on the day.

Larger budget shows, even with only three or four electricians on set are much more manageable. Safety becomes something people talk about, both personal and equipment.

• Like 1