No correction

Hi,

I tested shooting with no 85 with tungsten film on the 5274 in an exterior and timed back at the labv and works great. Now I will shoot an interior scene with daylight units and with the 5218. I will not correct with 85 because I dont have enough stop. its a really dark scene so I am concerned that timing back may affect a lot of things.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Miguel

• Premium Member

You should be fine as long as you expose correctly (severe over or underexposure may effect your ability to make corrections if some color layers are way too thin or dense.) You may see some slight washing out of color in faces, or a certain color cast creeping into the shadows after you correct the image (maybe a little purplish or a little brownish, I can't remember.) But overall, it should be fine to shoot uncorrected.

You could also consider using the Tiffen LLD filter, which has no filter factor but gives you some partial correction, especially if shooting outdoors with a high UV content.

• Premium Member

It depends on the way you correct : traditionnal at printing or digital timing/correcting, but when you use no filter outdoor, it's easier to correct if the low levels are not too dark. The traditional correction at printing, correcting the whole image, won't be as efficient in the low lights as in the rest of the curve. So the shadows remain bluish if you don't "overexpose" a little...

How did you color time the test on 74 ? aren't the shadows (if ever) still a bit bluish ?