sekonic L-398

I just bought an used sekonic L-398, but it gives completely wrong results, minimum 3,5 stops difference to my sekonic L-508, and with increasing lightintensity the difference gets even bigger (the meter never reaces the point where the highlightgrid is needed). Probably seleniumcells are weak or is there a way to set the lightmeter (I already have set the zero position), do there exist replacement seleniumcells?

thanks for any help

daniel

• Premium Member

Yes you can replace the selenium cell. I did it one year ago on an old weston I have that I don't use much, but still like the fact that it works !

If you were in France I'd give you the name of a guy who would do this for cheap, but I guess you 're not in France are you ?

Ask a Sekonic repair agreed shop...

actually i live in Italy which is not to far away, so I might try to contact him.

I'm quiet confident that I would also be able to do the work, I just need to find a replacementcell, I couldnt find one in the Sekonic spare parts list.

in the meantime thanks for the information

Hi, thank you for your offer.

In the meantime I have found a place in milan where they repair sekonics, so maybe this will be easier.

I still hope that the guy who sold me the lightmeter will take it back, but with ebay you never know and it doesn't seem very likely.

in case this two choises won't work out, I will ask you again for the number of your friend.

thanks again

daniel

• Premium Member

Do you have a repair in London ?

The official one in Paris :

Atelier Photo-Ciné Ms 3 r Charles Baudelaire 75012 Paris | Plan | Itinéraire .33(0)1 44 75 73 73

REPAR-PHOTO.ATEL AGREE:CONTAX,ROLLEI

KONICAMINOLTA POLAROID SAMSUNG KODAK

SEKONIC KINDERMAN YASHICA MAMIYA x.gif picto_site.gifSite Or if you like better an unofficial one (retired guy from MS, cheaper, no bill), Pm or e-mail me...

fortunately the seller will take the lightmeter back.

interesting maybe (i had never heard of it), the usermanual says, that insekticides (like used in wardrobes) can harm the lightmeter, also it should not be kept in metal lockers or metallic wardrobes.

does this include also metal cameracases?