Insight Into Second Feature Film

Hey all,

Just wanted to share an article about the making of my upcoming second feature to see what you all think. You can read it here.

It's a little more production focused than cinematography but thought I wanted to put it here too.

You can watch the trailer here:

Thanks,

Dan

• Premium Member
On 2/16/2024 at 11:18 AM, Dan Hasson said:

No worries. Hope you like the article Uli!

Hey Dan, very interesting article, thank you for sharing your experiences. Can I ask what the entire budget of the film was? How many shooting days? Hats off for making your own feature films!

18 hours ago, Uli Meyer said:

Hey Dan, very interesting article, thank you for sharing your experiences. Can I ask what the entire budget of the film was? How many shooting days? Hats off for making your own feature films!

Hey Uli,

Thanks for the feedback!

The films budget was $7,600. This was achieved as our production company owned most of the camera / audio kit. So, the majority of the budget went on locations, cast and crew.

We originally scheduled 14 days but had to add on a two additional days later for a pickups / reshoot of a couple of scenes and some ADR. The reshoots were needed due to some audio problems as talked about in the article.

Just watched your films on your website. Absolutely loved The Discarded! One of the best shorts I've seen in a long time.

Thanks,
Dan

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Dan Hasson said:

Hey Uli,

Thanks for the feedback!

The films budget was $7,600. This was achieved as our production company owned most of the camera / audio kit. So, the majority of the budget went on locations, cast and crew.

We originally scheduled 14 days but had to add on a two additional days later for a pickups / reshoot of a couple of scenes and some ADR. The reshoots were needed due to some audio problems as talked about in the article.

Just watched your films on your website. Absolutely loved The Discarded! One of the best shorts I've seen in a long time.

Thanks,
Dan

Thanks Dan, glad you liked it.

I am amazed that you can shoot a feature film for $7600 in 16 days. That's $475 per day for everything, actors, crew, locations?! I'm currently planning a 15 minute short film, can you please put me in touch with your producer? ?

5 hours ago, Uli Meyer said:

Thanks Dan, glad you liked it.

I am amazed that you can shoot a feature film for $7600 in 16 days. That's $475 per day for everything, actors, crew, locations?! I'm currently planning a 15 minute short film, can you please put me in touch with your producer? ?

We saved a lot of money shooting in Brighton compared to London that's for sure! Having the producer cook lunch every now and then also cuts costs down ?

The company I co-own produced the film, www.3132film.com / info@3132film.com