Bolex pistol grip not bouncing back when triggered

Antoine Pret

Hi,

I got a great pistol grip for flat base bolexes that seems to have gone stiff. I've used it a lot with no problems but now the trigger just won't come back when I press it.
I've tried to put WD40 around it but with no luck. 

I started taking it apart but I don't really know what to look for. If anyone knows anything or maybe has a repair guide that would be wonderful !

Antoine,

I don't know for sure, but my first thought upon seeing your "L" spring was that it's broken.

My next thought is that originally it was symmetrical.

(It reminds me of a spring that helps hold in the pressure plate on CP-16's).

Inspect closely the short end.

Hopefully, some Bolex people will respond with the right answer.

Also, WD stands for "Water Displacement" and is not a lubricant per se. It is great for removing water but will harden over time eliminating any lubricating properties it appeared to have.  (New, unwitting firearms owners make the same mistake, sometimes with more serious consequences).

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Eric Eader said:

Also, WD stands for "Water Displacement" and is not a lubricant per se. It is great for removing water but will harden over time eliminating any lubricating properties it appeared to have.  (New, unwitting firearms owners make the same mistake, sometimes with more serious consequences).

Oh ok, I didn't know that, thanks !

@Dom Jaeger You're my saviour thanks a lot !!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have an answer for the OP but I just saw this thread and am pleased to view the picture and the parts diagram. I'm repairing a Declic that is otherwise fine except for a missing safety release lever (BX 2830). I see now that this piece will be quite easy to duplicate. 

Edited by Don H Marks