C-Mount to Kinor or Still adapters?

Dan Katz

Does anyone know if there are any adapters that will let me use some C-Mount Schneider Xenon lenses on either a Kinor-16 camera or on ANY still camera? They look pretty close to the LTM M39 mount or maybe an M42 mount but I havent seen any adapters that will allow teh use of C-Mount lenses on still cameras or other 16mm cameras besides a Bolex or Beulieu.

Thanks!

Daniel Katz

Does anyone know if there are any adapters that will let me use some C-Mount Schneider Xenon lenses on either a Kinor-16 camera or on ANY still camera?

The lens seat of a C mount lens is only .690" from the film, the rear is maybe only 1/2" from the film. It is also only made to cover about a 1/2" diameter image circle on the film.

Putting one of these on a 35mm SLR so it is in focus will destroy the mirror and maybe the shutter. After doing this, the round image outline on the film will only expose a tiny fraction of the frame area.

This is likely the explanation for why these adapters are not made. ;-)

• Premium Member
The lens seat of a C mount lens is only .690" from the film, the rear is maybe only 1/2" from the film. It is also only made to cover about a 1/2" diameter image circle on the film.

I have seen adaptors that go the other way, to put a M42/pentax lens on a C mount camera.