Slider dolly track spacing?

• Premium Member

Hello!

Is there anything like a standard for the spacing on miniature slider dolly track? I'm thinking things like this:

Dolly Slider - Utopia

I'm sort of work-in-progress here. I have parts that would permit 9", a hair less than 230mm, which... looks reasonable, I guess? The tube will be 35mm on the basis that's what the clamps handle.

P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I'm after something on that order, something that can replace a rideable dolly in at least some circumstances. I guess it doesn't make that much difference, really. Ten or twelve inches was my inclination.

Saw a rather nice one at NAB with the motor drive system.

I've use the emotimo system before which works directly with Dana Dolly products. Worked well, though it is a bit "prosumer" feeling and can just barley handle a striped down alexa mini. I know Kessler has a similar product too now.

On 4/18/2024 at 1:34 PM, Phil Rhodes said:

I'm after something on that order, something that can replace a rideable dolly in at least some circumstances. I guess it doesn't make that much difference, really. Ten or twelve inches was my inclination.

Saw a rather nice one at NAB with the motor drive system.

I bought a Dana Dolly about 12 years ago. It was about $1000 dollars for the full kit. It paid for itself in rentals in less than 6 months. Built like a tank, and very smooth. There's a reason you'll find one on just about every grip truck

• Premium Member

What is this"grip truck" of which you speak...

But seriously, I wandered into Filmtools here in LA this week where they had one on display, and the number appears to be twelve inches.