How's everyones Thanksgiving.

Guest Ronney Ross

Guest Ronney Ross

I thank God for being alive today and hope all is well with everyone on here.

Just gotta finish my homework which I've been procrastinating about doing all day.

Much Love and God Bless.

-Ronney Ross

Thanksgiving is in the middle of October, you Americans hold it way too close to Christmas.

For you LA people out there....as I look out my window all I see is a wall of white, we must have easily had at least 2-3 feet of snow in the last 24hrs. Just incredible! Then again I live on a ski resort so maybe that has some thing to do with it.

So if things are crappy in LA today, crime, murder, pot holes, etc etc, just think, "hey at least we don't have to shovel it!"

That is some thing to give thanks for :)

R,

• Premium Member

Let's just say our turkey didn't fare as well as we did. I suppose that's something to be thankful for. And the veggies, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, mmmmm ...

(Apologies to the vegetarians and non-Americans in the audience.)

Today (day after Thanksgiving Day) is "Buy Nothing Day" in the US. A holiday enjoyed elsewhere, too:

http://www.adbusters.org/metas/eco/bnd/

All the best,

- Peter DeCrescenzo

P.S.: Oh, and it finally rained here in the SF Bay Area, after a week or two of record-breaking high temps. The high wildfire danger was really starting to freak-out us hill-dwellers. So the rain is also something we give thanks for!

Edited by Peter DeCrescenzo

Thanksgiving is in the middle of October, you Americans hold it way too close to Christmas.

But then it would be too close to Halloween. you have to give some time for your stomach to recoup from days of sugar abuse.

we must have easily had at least 2-3 feet of snow in the last 24hrs. Just incredible! Then again I live on a ski resort so maybe that has some thing to do with it.

We got about 1 1/2 - 2 ft of snow over the last 2 days, isnt nice? our ski resorts opend and it finnally looks like Alaska should during November.

My t-day. hmmm. I had to work, new photog for a local station, so I had a 2 minute story to cut on the history of thanksgiving, which was cool, we found 2 people who were direct descendants of the original mayflower compact signers, one who was related to the first man ever hung in america. but mostly it was a lot of work all day to get everything done, and by the time I got home, I had to finnish cutting my demo reel and then played X-Box 360. A reporter cooked some awsome turkey though, so I popped my head out every now and then to get some food.

A bunch of the crazy film school kids all got together at my friend's place. I'm a vegetarian so I called dibs on all the side dishes, ate a ton of pie, and then made this weird drink with Cabana Boy kiwi-strawberry rum and blue Hawaiian Punch. It was a little gross. I recommend mixing the cabana with Sprite instead. Then one of us forgot to say grace and maybe you guys would appreciate this, I said, "Eh, it's okay, we'll do a tail-grace." :rimshot: We were going to go see Harry Potter but we couldn't get up. We also watched some football and admired the camerawork.