High speed shooting

ahsan

Hello Everyone,

I want to know that there is any option in HD cameras for High Speed shooting??

If not did it manage well in post :ph34r: ??

Thanks

Ahsan

You can shoot up 60 fps with the Varicam or for even faster frame rates there's the Cine Speedcam at up to 1000 fps HD. http://www.cine-speedcam.com/

You can get 60fps from the F900 by shooting 60i and then converting the fields into progressive frames in post.

• Premium Member
It may be only 50 fps with the Genesis, I'm not sure. And it would probably have to be 4:2:2, not 4:4:4.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that the D20 can do 60fps (actually 59.98 I think) at 4:4:4 - the 4:4:4 upgrade was available about two weeks ago.

Keith

You can get 60fps from the F900 by shooting 60i and then converting the fields into progressive frames in post.

Wouldn't the resulting footage be 60 frames over the course of 1/2 a second, somewhat distorting time? Maybe not the best practice for scientific condition, but fine for narratives? Or am I missing something. Keep in mind I haven't shot with the cinealta

Wouldn't the resulting footage be 60 frames over the course of 1/2 a second, somewhat distorting time? Maybe not the best practice for scientific condition, but fine for narratives? Or am I missing something. Keep in mind I haven't shot with the cinealta

The 60 frames playback at normal speed (24, 25, 30 etc), so you get slow motion. You have less vertical resolution, but most people don't seem to notice this. It's been used in narrative films. However, you need to becareful with regards the subject's angle to the camera. It seems to work best if it's either moving across the frame or towards the camera.

• Premium Member
You can shoot up 60 fps with the Varicam or for even faster frame rates there's the Cine Speedcam at up to 1000 fps HD. http://www.cine-speedcam.com/

I'm the Cine Speedcam technician for the US, and will gladly answer any questions about the camera, and if anyone is going to be in Southern California on December 15 there will be some live demonstrations at Band Pros Open House at Innovisions Booth.

I'm the Cine Speedcam technician for the US, and will gladly answer any questions about the camera, and if anyone is going to be in Southern California on December 15 there will be some live demonstrations at Band Pros Open House at Innovisions Booth.

Thank u all :)