Roger Pratt

Arni Heimir

• Premium Member
Do you know what kind of lens Roger Pratt used on "the Avengers"? Also, any idea what filters he used?

I recall it was entirely shot on high-speed 500T Kodak stock (5279 I think) with some Dior nets on the lens (his usual technique at the time before the "Harry Potter" films probably forced him to stop using nets.) As far as lenses go, I'm not sure if he is of the "keep the zoom on as much as possible" school as John Seale is.

I recall it was entirely shot on high-speed 500T Kodak stock (5279 I think) with some Dior nets on the lens (his usual technique at the time before the "Harry Potter" films probably forced him to stop using nets.) As far as lenses go, I'm not sure if he is of the "keep the zoom on as much as possible" school as John Seale is.

David, do you know of any other cinematographers with the "keep the zoom on as much as possible" mantra?

his usual technique at the time before the "Harry Potter" films probably forced him to stop using nets.

Why do you think he was forced to refrain from nets? I am presuming it was because the productions were so effects heavy. Otherwise, how would you classify he cinematography style?

Edited by arnih