Tripod-mountable clamp?

Bon Sawyer

Hi all,

Is there some kind of product out there that will allow me to easily, securely attach a foam reflector board (about 1-2" thick) to a tripod? I was thinking there might be some kind of tripod-mountable clamp out there, but haven't found anything like that on Google.

Obviously a better solution would be a proper light stand + a reflector that is designed to be mounted, but my school doesn't have anything like that, and I am trying to make the most of what they do offer. Basically, I want to use the reflector boards to create bounce light without requiring someone to hold them in place.

Thanks,

Bon

• Premium Member

You might be able to wedge a large metal spring clip (grip clip) to hold the bounce to the tripod.

Otherwise the solution would probably be a Mayfer or Cartellini Clamp on the tripod, and a beadboard "duckbill" clamp with a baby spud if it's a 1" thick beadboard.

Thanks for the responses!

Michael- yeah, tape is definitely an option, and it would probably work quite well for certain scenes of an upcoming project. However, I felt that some kind of clamp might allow more adjustment of the reflector position (where required).

The products that have been suggested look very interesting. I will look into them further.

Cheers,

Bon