16mm film fogging due to lens

Goodwill

Hey guys,

I'm a first time poster here but the site is awesome! I have just one question, I was shooting a film today

with a Bolex Rex3 I believe, and I had to change the lens from a 10mm to a 75mm. I had shot one scene

with some light sets set up on the location, and then after I was done that scene, I changed the lens right

on the spot. I was just wondering if my film is going to fog up now because of this? Thanks for any help

you guys can provide me with!

Goodwill

What do you mean if the mirror locks? This is only my second time using 16mm Bolex film cameras,

I find it VERY different from the digitals, but the film school I am at, has all the first years using

the Bolex's, they just kinda send us out and tell us to make a movie....

What do you mean if the mirror locks? This is only my second time using 16mm Bolex film cameras,

I find it VERY different from the digitals, but the film school I am at, has all the first years using

the Bolex's, they just kinda send us out and tell us to make a movie....

---Bolexes have no mirrors. They use a prism.

The shutter will only stop at open if the spring winds out during a shot. In which case, turn the wind handle until you hear a thunk. Or might as well give it give it a full wind.

Whether you move the turret or unscrew the lens and screw in a new one, the shutter is closed.

Though a jump from 10mm to 75mm, seems a bit much. 10mm to 25mm would be better.

---LV

• Premium Member
Though a jump from 10mm to 75mm, seems a bit much. 10mm to 25mm would be better.

Probaly that is one of the things that they expect the students to learn by being told to go out and shoot, Changes of perspective can be jarring to look at.

I have heard of cruel assignmnets where they give the students one roll of film and tell them to shoot a shory story, then gather the class and let each other pick apart everyone's film. Those who don't have a nervous breakdown have a stong enough intestinal foritude to make movies..

Mind you a wide angle establishing shot COULD be followed by a telephoto close up

Wide: street scape, blond running 2 block away.

Tele: CU of Blond, who is carrying a bag that says "Brinks Express"

DUM DUM de DUM DUM..

Normal: Two guys in dark suits running after the blond who then ducks into a waiting minivan..

Edited by Charles