Koyaanisqatsi

Stuart Brereton

Just watched this again, after a gap of about 12 years(!) It's better than I remembered, but it's never going to be a film I rave about.

There were a couple of locations that I wondered if anyone had details of. Early on, there are some shots of the New York skyline. Right after them, there are shots of derelict tenement buildings and some aerials of huge apartment blocks, which are then shown being demolished. I've always assumed them to be shots of the housing projects in the Bronx. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks.

Oddly enough the camera used to film most of this movie is on ebay right now, an Arri IIC.

Go to ebay and look at item #7587073978

R,

Just watched this again, after a gap of about 12 years(!) It's better than I remembered, but it's never going to be a film I rave about.

There were a couple of locations that I wondered if anyone had details of. Early on, there are some shots of the New York skyline. Right after them, there are shots of derelict tenement buildings and some aerials of huge apartment blocks, which are then shown being demolished. I've always assumed them to be shots of the housing projects in the Bronx. Does anyone know for sure?

It's a housing project in St.Louis, named Cabrini something or another.

Originally tauted as a utopian concept in urban housing, which didn't live up to it's expectaton.

---LV

Thanks, the St. Louis reference helped me find it. It was the Pruitt Igoe project, demolished in '72.

I think the shots of tenements are from New York. I'm positive I saw very similar locations used in 'Wolfen' which had a New York setting.