lightning interior for 7245

I have a load of 7245 that I intend to use in a music video.

I know that this is a slow daylight stock, but I'm gonna shot som interior with it..

so I'll need a filter that will steal even more light, how much light will i need?

what kind of setup is desired? I'm gonna use smoke to make the lights volumetrics, but not

in huge amounts.

• Premium Member

You'd need a full CTB on tungsten sources, cutting off two stops (light devided by four) or a 80 A filter on the camera (cutting 2 stops as well), that is a big loss... Can you light with daylight sources ? (HMI) If it's a day scene and you have natural daylight coming in, it then can be a good choice.

I dont think the budget allows for HMI's. lets say i used gels on my tungstens, how large effect are we talking about in order to get a good exposure? there will be medium sized rooms. and lets say i wont combine with any dayligth, if its gonna be completly tungsten...is it possible?

Edited by vedran

I dont think the budget allows for HMI's. lets say i used gels on my tungstens, how large effect are we talking about in order to get a good exposure? there will be medium sized rooms. and lets say i wont combine with any dayligth, if its gonna be completly tungsten...is it possible?

I would like to say that you are completely insane but I absolutely love the look of 7245, so I sort of can't disagree with your intention! ;)

But 50ASA!

You could put a filter on the camera but you will lose a lot of light.

One possibility would be perhaps to use daylight balanced flo's? I'm not sure if that would suit the kind of thing you are thinking of doing. A big window might be useful too!

The trouble is that it's going to be really hard to shoot indoors at 50ASA to start with, even with fast lenses and then you are going to cut the light with ctb or something!!! eeeek!

If that wasn't bad enough, theres going to be smoke too! :)

You couldn't set this music video outside it bright sunlight then? ;)

love

Freya

How large is your set? 7245 interior with tungsten plus full blue could mean big lights, heat shield, burnt gels anyway, a lot of electricians, possibly a large tie in or large generator.

All depends on how big your set is.

Might be better to save the 45 for something else. It may not be the right tool for the job.

Best

Tim

• Premium Member
How large is your set? 7245 interior with tungsten plus full blue could mean big lights, heat shield, burnt gels anyway, a lot of electricians, possibly a large tie in or large generator.

All depends on how big your set is.

Might be better to save the 45 for something else. It may not be the right tool for the job.

Best

Tim

If HMIs aren't in the budget, I would probably shoot on something else. Either that, or push the 7245 a stop, shoot with uncorrected tungstens and have the color corrected in transfer.

I sure like the look of 7245 but praticalities have killed my vision....

but lets say I`ll use a faster stock for the indoor tungsten scenes to combine with my outdoor

7245 scenes... what indoor stock would i use that is a bit faster, meaning it can be done with tungstens without frying the artists?

But I would still like to be able to match the look with the 7245..