Konvas Lubrication

Stephen Williams

• Premium Member

Hi,

I bought a Konvas on Ebay. I have tested the camera and everything seems to work fine. Does anybody know what points inside need oil or grease? as I don't want to seize the camera on the first shoot!

Many thanks

Stephen

Hi,

I bought a Konvas on Ebay. I have tested the camera and everything seems to work fine. Does anybody know what points inside need oil or grease? as I don't want to seize the camera on the first shoot!

Many thanks

Stephen

Hi,

Check commiecam.com for a complete oiling diagram. I think it's in the resources page.

regards,

Ian

Hi,

Many thanks

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

If you go to http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/Konvas and link to the pictures area, You'll find some excellent photos of the Konvas lubrication points on page 2 of the scrapbook.

Congrats on getting a Konvas. I'm shooting my first real project with my "new" 2M next month.

Best,

Dan Cordle

=I bought a Konvas on Ebay. I have tested the camera and everything seems to work fine. Does anybody =know what points inside need oil or grease? as I don't want to seize the camera on the first shoot!

After long time storage of Konvas need make full service with detailed inspection and adjusting of mechanical and optical parts.

Because, the old oil can dry up and need wash.

Will need inspect of every magazine too ,because, the mechanism of magazines give load on base mechanism of body.

Yes,of course, you can make easy oiling of mechanism and this can help on short time.

The base points of re - lube of lubricating liquid ( 2-3 drops )- central hole on axis of mirror disk,

and parts of frame of transport pin. You can do this procedure without take away front part of body.

Will need set oil on post of frame of transport pin too, but, you can do this with take away front part of body.

If you take away front part of body, you will need to check of flange focal distance of body.

The service of ball bearing of magazines possible with disassembling parts of magazine only.

The service of base reducer of motor possible with disassembling of motor only too.