is Fuji film cooler than Kodak??

Hi guys, my question is about something that in this days sounds (I'm not really sure about) lika a myth.

Is Fuji film cooler than Kodak film???

Certainly I know that the film (emulsion) itself never will give you the "look" or "the color" of your movie, but at the same lighting conditios (white light, a gray card, a macbeth color chart...)

is fuji film cooler than Kodak film???

best regards to you

alvaro cortes

With negative film, 'cooler' or 'warmer' is just a matter of printing lights, but say if the two were timed to match a grey card, I've found that Fuji stocks saturate the blues and greens more than Kodak films. This is not an overall cool color cast, but higher saturation in certain colors. From my tests, skies and foliage pop more on Fuji stock.

• Premium Member

Each film has its own "look". Color reproduction, "flesh-to-neutral", and tone scale do vary among film stocks. Kodak offers a variety of films to allow cinematographers to choose films best suited to the "look" they are trying to achieve:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/products...0.1.4.4.4&lc=en

• Premium Member
With negative film, 'cooler' or 'warmer' is just a matter of printing lights, but say if the two were timed to match a grey card, I've found that Fuji stocks saturate the blues and greens more than Kodak films. This is not an overall cool color cast, but higher saturation in certain colors. From my tests, skies and foliage pop more on Fuji stock.

Strange - I've found the opposite. Reds greens and yellows do pop more, but I've found the bues to have less lattitude than Kodak and so 'wash' more easily.

Not a problem so long as you know about it. I didn't. I do now :(

Actually thats a bit of a generalisation I was using F64 (I think) because we caouldn't get any 5248 or 5245.