Super 8 Pressure Plate

Andrew E. Malecki

I was looking into buying the metal pressure plate from Super 8 Pressure Plate from andecfilm in germany but they won't have any for about 2-3 weeks. I am planning in shooting my super 8 feature and need it sooner. Is there anybody looking to sell theirs? You can email me at malecki1138@yahoo.com. Thank you.

• Premium Member
I was looking into buying the metal pressure plate from Super 8 Pressure Plate from andecfilm in germany but they won't have any for about 2-3 weeks. I am planning in shooting my super 8 feature and need it sooner. Is there anybody looking to sell theirs? You can email me at malecki1138@yahoo.com. Thank you.

I hope you had the camera spindle clutch and film claw serviced & adjusted on your camera as proper servicing and adjusting of those components is more important than any aftermarket product and so is a back-up camera.

Guest santo
I hope you had the camera spindle clutch and film claw serviced & adjusted on your camera as proper servicing and adjusting of those components is more important than any aftermarket product and so is a back-up camera.

I couldn't agree more. Actually even just a simple lubrication job makes all the difference in the world on a 30 year old machine. It's just common sense.

Okay, now to say what must be said...

(clears throat)

As for this feature, frankly I am amazed, philmreel. Are you really about to spend probably 10 THOUSAND BUCKS on film, developing, and telecine, plus likely a few times that much on the rest of the things involved in even a microbudget feature, plus all those people putting in their good will efforts and time and probably money into it? And here you're unwilling to wait a couple of weeks to get what again??? An aftermarket plate which you haven't even tested? Have you tested the camera? The film stock(s) you're planning on using?

Now, I'm jumping to a bunch of conclusions here, but this is shaping up like a tragic scenario I've seen play out a bunch of times on filmmaking webboards in the past couple of years. A big red flag is waving. Hey, I could be wrong, maybe you've done all these no-brainer standard things one should do. It is mind-boggling how many people do not. Of course their films are complete disasters not only technically, but artistically, too. One always seems to go hand in hand with another.

Perhaps you already have one of the plates, used it before with the camera you are using with the filmstock you are going to use, and just want a spare? Is so, then ignore my post, and I apologize if I implied you were an idiot and you are not.

Hi

=I was looking into buying the metal pressure plate from Super 8 Pressure Plate from andecfilm in germany

If you worry about good clamping of film on film gate you need use russian Super 8 reloadble film cartridges.

This is cartridge have movable clamping plate inside cartridge and have good clamping of film.

The design of Super 8 reloadble film carrtidge you can see on site http://www.geocities.com/russiancamera, page - Super 8 cartidge.

Thank you for the words of caution. Its good to know that other filmmakers out there care and are helpful. I run a small production company Philmreel Productions. You can go to my website at http://philmreel.com/. I already have two other films in production. A 35mm feature film and an HD feature. I am serving as director on both films. I want start my super 8 feature in my spare time. After a 35mm and HD feature, super 8 will be an air of relief. I own a Beaulieu 5008ms camera. The gate will be modified as super duper super 8. It?s a b/w sci-fi film. As for film stock I am having trouble from deciding on either the Kodak tri-x or the kahl 27. I am going to be shooting in New York City. All I really need is the pressure plate. I want the film it to look beautifully gritty. I feel that the super duper super 8 with the pressure plate filmed in b/w would best achieve what I am after for. It will all be shot at night so I am going to push the stock by two stops. I use only existing lighting on my films. Also this is not going to cost anywhere near $10,000. I was able to shoot and edit my 35mm 80 min feature at under $10,000. I have sent aside about $1,000 for this super 8 project. It should clock in at about 80 min. Any help with the plate would be vastly appreciated.

hi,

is this pressure plate for a camera or projector, please - and in either case, which make/model? i didn't realise you could customise Super8 cameras with pressure plates - whereas Single8 cameras have them built into them?

curious!

ric

Olex - is this really you!

Have you got any of those Russian reloadable Super8 cartridges for sale?: pretty please!

;)

ric-the-lomo-enthusiast

Hi

...you need use russian Super 8 reloadble film cartridges.

This is cartridge have movable clamping plate inside cartridge and have good clamping of film.

The design of Super 8 reloadble film carrtidge you can see on site http://www.geocities.com/russiancamera, page - Super 8 cartidge.