Flight Case Needed For my DVX-100A

Marc_Abernathy

Hi,

I have found that 1550 just barely edges inside what most airlines consider a carryon, so long as it doesn't become too heavy to manhandle into the overhead locker.

Phil

I have a pelican 1600 for my HVX. The 1550 sounds about right and as for "airline proof" you wont have to worry about opening it back up to find what looks like a exploded DVX :-D.

• 1 month later...

You're probably not looking at backpacks, but if you want something to carry on, and that is tough, I have to say, KATA make awesome bags. I have the KATA HB-207. It takes my DVX, microphone, batteries, headphones, cables, laptop in it's own protective pocket, etc etc and there's still plenty of room. It also comes with a tripod holder and weather shield cover as well. And it's tough as nails.

http://www.kata-bags.com/Item.asp?pid=286&...&ProdLine=1

There's also the BP-502 which someone at DVXUsers.com was raving about. It's bigger and he takes it as carry on in the States. I'm in Australia and our airlines are stricter with carry-on, which is why I got the 207.

However if it's going in the hold, and has to survive baggage handlers, then the pelican is the way to go.

Edited by Richard Overall

I work at Abel Cine Tech in NYC now, and We sell a very nice Pelican 1550 case that is outfitted with a custom foam cutout for a DVX100 package, including spaces for common accessories such as a mattebox, spare batteries, cables and a second charger. I don't know the price offhand, but I know we have them in stock. All our rental packages go out in these cases, shipped all the time with no problem.

Pelican also makes a case that has a softcase that fits inside (1520?). That way you can carry on the flight and then just carry the softcase in the field if you wish. DVX and basics fit (batteries, tapes) but if you want large mic and other items then you'll want something larger.