FOMA STOCK

andres victorero

Hi I´m a fan of B&W film, I shot Plus X and Tri X but I´m looking for another options. I saw in my country (Spain) a good and cheap seller of FOMA stock

https://www.foto-r3.com/taxonomy_menu/1/26/93

What do you think about this stock? any diference between Foma and Plus X?

thanks in advance. :)

Edited by andres victorero

Guest santo

Never shot Foma, but I have seen some projects that used it and liked it. It is not as sharp as Plus-X which as a really strong 100 plus lp/mm resolving power, but Foma has a nice feel to it. I think it is well suited to a period sort of look. If it were available in super 8 cartridges, I would buy some and give it a try.

Yes Foma is a problem in super 8.

Is there any machine that can split double super8 film stock? the next step will be load it into a rechargeable super8 cartigge :rolleyes: mmm sounds hard work but anyone try this?

Do they split DS8 when they process it? If so, why don't they sell Super 8? Maybe the machine they use to split the DS8 is not light tight so they just can't. (Or don't want to.)

Yes ds8 perfs are same as super8.

You don't need a big machine to slit this, just a little russian slitter does the job ... and you do it in the dark. You then need to load the film in russian reloadable carts. There is a question whether Foma lubricate their film. I have had problems with this film in Russian reloadables, especially at speeds faster than 18fps.

Hi.

Foma have very good B&W reversal 100 ASA film.

This is film can be process at home on spiral tanks.

Foma delivery D8, DS8, 16 mm film only.

Yes of course, this is very good, if you have D8 or DS8 camera.

You shoot film from two sides ( by two way of exposing ), processing and split after processing before edit of film.

But, If you have Super 8 camera you can use DS8 film too.

You need cut DS8 film on two Super 8 stripes by D8/DS8 film splitter on darkness.

After, you load Super 8 stripe to Super 8 reloadble film cartridge and use for shooting with Super 8 camera

The more infromation about home film processing you can see on my site.

Hi.

Foma have very good B&W reversal 100 ASA film.

This is film can be process at home on spiral tanks.

Foma delivery D8, DS8, 16 mm film only.

Yes of course, this is very good, if you have D8 or DS8 camera.

You shoot film from two sides ( by two way of exposing ), processing and split after processing before edit of film.

But, If you have Super 8 camera you can use DS8 film too.

You need cut DS8 film on two Super 8 stripes by D8/DS8 film splitter on darkness.

After, you load Super 8 stripe to Super 8 reloadble film cartridge and use for shooting with Super 8 camera

The more infromation about home film processing you can see on my site.

Hi Olex where can I find one of these splitters? thanks