Cost for S16 Film PLEASE HELP ME!!!

AvegaStudios

Hello everyone, I'm looking for costs on film, the purchase developing and output to tape of S16 film.

And same thing for the A-minima (since it's kodak only i think)

Say I had a 200' roll for the A-minima, How many minutes is that? Now how much to process and develop it? And now, how much would it cost to put this to tape for my digital editing?

Or even take a 1000 feet of S16 film and do the same with it, It's a good rough estimate to start with and i can prolly calculate from there. Thanx anyone for your help.

hey mate,

here something that can help you: http://www.cinema-astoria.com/cinematography/arri/

but i dont know those prices since they are US... here is the AU run down from what i do...

400ft 16mm neg - $250AUD

400ft develop - $160AUD (approx - depends on the price per foot i used $0.42 - but dont know whats current,... it could be 45c or 40c)

400ft telecine - this could range... generally it takes them ONE HOUR to get through 400ft in ONE LIGHT if they are to spend super long time on it and colour each shot oyu might be there for TWO hours, and if you just want to transfer to tape you might get it done in 45min... the cost of one hour without student discounts and stuff is about $750AUD... but try and talk to them to negotiate it;

oh yeah, 400ft counts for about 11min - this obviously vaires if you shoot 25fps or 24fps...

hope it helped. numbers mentioned are all off the top of my head. you need to call your kodak/fuji store for quote on the film, your lab for quote on the dev and your telecine suit for transfers...

Hello everyone, I'm looking for costs on film, the purchase developing and output to tape of S16 film.

And same thing for the A-minima (since it's kodak only i think)

Say I had a 200' roll for the A-minima, How many minutes is that? Now how much to process and develop it? And now, how much would it cost to put this to tape for my digital editing?

Or even take a 1000 feet of S16 film and do the same with it, It's a good rough estimate to start with and i can prolly calculate from there. Thanx anyone for your help.

If you are shooting on a A-Minima, the 200 foot load will yield you about 5 minutes of run time. I suggest that you use a camera that take 400' loads this will yield approximately 11 minutes. If you can use 400' loads then check out cinelab.com. They are in the US. I just used them for a short, we used about 10,000' of film. It cost me $170 per 400' for the raw stock, processing and best light telecine to any SD format of my choice. The offer this on factory fresh Fuji stock only. We used the Eterna 250T for the entire shoot. I am very pleased with the stock and the lab. I highly recommend them. If you are married to using the A-Minima, then that spells Kodak. If you are tight for cash, check out ebay or Film Emporium or Rawstock.com for short ends and recans. Best of luck.

Chris

Hi:

I just got 5 rolls of 50D processed and transferred to DVCam, shot on my A-minima. Here were the costs:

Raw stock: $65 per 200 ft roll (approx, and that includes an academic discount from Kodak).

Processing: 10 cents per foot.

Telecine: $175 per hour (of their time, NOT the run time of my film).

Total processing, telecine, tape, FedEx, etc. was about $550 for the 1,000 feet.

Hope that helps.

Theo

Bozeman, MT

Oh -- and the total length is about 28 minutes, including about 1 minute of leader. You can get almost 5 1/2 minutes from a 200 ft. roll, helps if load in almost darkness.

Edited by TLipfert