Calling up companies to get a job

Hi guys,

i wanted to know what you think about approaching production companies by calling them up and asking if you could come around to show your reel.

more in detail, im going to be in a few different countries in the next 3-7 weeks, and i was thinking of calling up some production houses there and telling them that im a young dop and that im currently in the country and see if they're interested in a personal meeting.

do you think this is a too direct approach or would they appreciate it that i am interested in their company ?

after sending out roughly 140 applications...and only getting 10 answers (there must be something seriously wrong with my reel) i thought maybe this might be a more sucessfull next step to finding a job.

• Premium Member
Hi guys,

i wanted to know what you think about approaching production companies by calling them up and asking if you could come around to show your reel.

more in detail, im going to be in a few different countries in the next 3-7 weeks, and i was thinking of calling up some production houses there and telling them that im a young dop and that im currently in the country and see if they're interested in a personal meeting.

do you think this is a too direct approach or would they appreciate it that i am interested in their company ?

after sending out roughly 140 applications...and only getting 10 answers (there must be something seriously wrong with my reel) i thought maybe this might be a more sucessfull next step to finding a job.

Hi,

10 replys from cold is actually quite good IMHO. I would try and get as many meetings as possible. The worst anybody can say is NO! Depending on your closing skills you may have to make 50+ phone calls to get a meeting. Remember production companies have people phone up every day looking for work.

Stephen

Hi,

10 replys from cold is actually quite good IMHO. I would try and get as many meetings as possible. The worst anybody can say is NO!

thats what im thinking.

Depending on your closing skills you may have to make 50+ phone calls to get a meeting. Remember production companies have people phone up every day looking for work.

Stephen

well to be honest i havent done mcuh phone calls like that before. im mainly concentrating on smaller production houses, hoping that the chances are better there than with the big ones.

• Premium Member
thats what im thinking.

well to be honest i havent done mcuh phone calls like that before. im mainly concentrating on smaller production houses, hoping that the chances are better there than with the big ones.

Dominik,

You only need 1 yes and its all worthwile!

Good luck