xl1 won on ebay

idontnoh

Hey there, i just won an xl1 on ebay for about 300 dollars and wondering if this would be a good deal if i'm a "once in awhile" moviemaker hoping to take it more seriously in a few years after i graduate college. thanks

Hey there, i just won an xl1 on ebay for about 300 dollars and wondering if this would be a good deal if i'm a "once in awhile" moviemaker hoping to take it more seriously in a few years after i graduate college. thanks

Congratulations! An XL1 (even without the "S") is indeed, a good deal.

May your "once in awhile" status move up and up.

• Premium Member

Hi,

I don't quite understand the thinking here - you bid for it, entering into a contract to buy it, and you have won. . Considering whether the maximum bid you entered was a fair deal was something you should have considered before bidding, and ebay makes this very clear. Trying to whine your way out of it now is both very bad form and a breach of contract.

You have already bought it, you just haven't paid for it yet.

Phil

I think whining may not have been the right word to use, but Phil has the right idea. Asking if the xl1 "would" be a good deal after winning the auction is like buying a car, driving it home, and then asking someone if it was a good deal. What Phil was trying to say was that whether it is a good deal or a bad deal it is a deal that already happened. You won, you already purchased the camera essentially.

A quick perusal of ebay shows that there have been NO XL1's sold for under $1000 in the last 90 days. Also, the cheapest one has sold in any working condition was $1200.

ash =o)

• 2 months later...
A quick perusal of ebay shows that there have been NO XL1's sold for under $1000 in the last 90 days. Also, the cheapest one has sold in any working condition was $1200.

ash =o)

Right... beware XL1s on ebay... I just got a bogus second chance offer for $800 I had previously bid on an XL1 - oh yeah... my first XL1 on ebay was purchased for 2200 only to find out it had spatter of dead pixels one of which was pretty conspicuous - and a viewfinder which had been cracked and glued back together -- not complaining though - after many emails and phone calls got a refund of 300 for the viewfinder and 200 for the pixel (he wouldn't take the camera back) for a grand total of 1600 -- the camera has more than paid for itself and at almost two years later is still running :)