Canon 1014 XLS

Raul C Palma

• Premium Member

Great link Santo.

I Found a quote on the website by the curator,

Why do I do this?

It just doesn't seem right to me to sell old manuals, on places such as ebay. Well, I guess an old original manual seems fine, but people also sell PDF files of them, either electronically delivered or on a CDROM. That just doesn't sit right with me. I think people who need the information, and don't want an original manual, should just be able to get it for free. So there you go.

I just want to point out the irony, of dual realities in our universe in regards to the above philosophy. Firstly, I commend the person above for having a position and then backing it up.

However, if the original owner of the manual is no longer offering any type of customer support, and someone else was willing to do the work of scanning the manual and then wants to offer it for sale, I think that is a way for the super-8 format to generate revenue for someone while providing a service to others.

The more people that can generate income from the Super-8 format, the more likely it will be around in the future, However, the easier it is to get free information about Super-8, that too helps the format survive and perhaps even thrive.

If I can offer a compromise solution. Ape city offers the downloader a voluntary charitable donation link in lieu of accepting money personally.