EXPERT ADVICE NEEDED: 16:9 CROPPED TO 2.235:1 OR 16:9+ANAMORPHIC OR A 4:4:4: NATIVE HD CAMERA DIRECT 2.235:1???

KETCH ROSSI

Hi evry one, looking for strong but expirience and sincere advise on my best available options to get a final product in 2.235:1 wide screen cinemascope projectable image.

As now I stamble accros this options, wich is better?

A) Use of a 16:9 HD camera ( 1/3 or 2/3 ) and crop the image in post.

B) Use of a 16:9 HD camera ( 2/3 only) and use Canon new Anamorphiv converter(HD-EC 235) and HD lenses for a true HD 2.235.1

C) Use of 2.235:1 HD capable camera as the Viper filmstream or Sony f950.

This are my options as I know them, it is obvious that I like to have as much input as possible from all of you in this forum.

I will be shortly moving out of the US and go back home, in Italy for reasons to do much with my unfortunate health conditions and to do the project that is as important and more of wath is left of my life so I wrilly would appraciate much your advices on this important decision to purchase the right equipment for this movie so to get the best resolt possible.

This project will have many famous Cameos and Italy's most beautifull women, so the project will have a subsained ammount of media coverage, also becouse of my condition the story of the project and the fact that I will be donating 50% of the profitts to a US Professor for Medical Research.

So as you can understand this is a project that on one hand will give me tons of free coverage and exposure but on the other it will be like a double edge knife, ready to cut my hand if I do not make carefull use of it.

In site of all of this my Heart and soul are dedicated to this project, and so I ask your support and kindness, also I excuse my self for the typos I know will be ever present.

Thanks much,

KETCH ROSSI

Hi evry one, looking for strong but expirience and sincere advise on my best available options to get a final product in 2.235:1 wide screen cinemascope projectable image.

As now I stamble accros this options, wich is better?

A) Use of a 16:9 HD camera ( 1/3 or 2/3 ) and crop the image in post.

B) Use of a 16:9 HD camera ( 2/3 only) and use Canon new Anamorphiv converter(HD-EC 235) and HD lenses for a true HD 2.235.1

C) Use of 2.235:1 HD capable camera as the Viper filmstream or Sony f950.

This are my options as I know them, it is obvious that I like to have as much input as possible from all of you in this forum.

I will be shortly moving out of the US and go back home, in Italy for reasons to do much with my unfortunate health conditions and to do the project that is as important and more of wath is left of my life so I wrilly would appraciate much your advices on this important decision to purchase the right equipment for this movie so to get the best resolt possible.

This project will have many famous Cameos and Italy's most beautifull women, so the project will have a subsained ammount of media coverage, also becouse of my condition the story of the project and the fact that I will be donating 50% of the profitts to a US Professor for Medical Research.

So as you can understand this is a project that on one hand will give me tons of free coverage and exposure but on the other it will be like a double edge knife, ready to cut my hand if I do not make carefull use of it.

In site of all of this my Heart and soul are dedicated to this project, and so I ask your support and kindness, also I excuse my self for the typos I know will be ever present.

Thanks much,

KETCH ROSSI

I answered more of your question here: http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=13910

Also remember, Lucas simply cropped "Star Wars" and Mann simply cropped "Collateral" in post. They didn't use any anamorphic adapters. And they both used Sony F900's. That may give some inspiration to you. *smile*

I answered more of your question here: http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=13910

Also remember, Lucas simply cropped "Star Wars" and Mann simply cropped "Collateral" in post. They didn't use any anamorphic adapters. And they both used Sony F900's. That may give some inspiration to you. *smile*

Thanks Shannon, I think I read one of your reviews on stabilization systems, as I also was looking to purchase one.

Thanks much.

KETCH ROSSI

You shouldn't cross-post. Your questions about shooting HD for 2.35 are spread out over several posts and so are the answers to your posts. It's a mess now.

Sorry David, this are my first post and have not no How, but I will not post any new ones, so not to make any more mess.

It was done with no malice and only to friendly participate in your topics and try to get your advices in bettering ny options as the project i work on it is so important for me I want to get help from people like your self to give there opinions and direct me thoards the right purchase of my camera.

Sorry again

KETCH ROSSI

• Premium Member

But why make this post now when we already answered your question on the other posts you made? Do you want us to repeat ourselves? Several of us gave you answers... and then you ask the same question again on this new post. So I'm not sure if you're going to hear anything new.

As for purchasing a camera, it would be helpful to know how much you hope to spend on the camera and lens and separate recorder. An F950 plus an HDCAM-SR recorder is something like $180,000, not including an HD zoom lens, which may be another $25,000. Is this even in your ballpark?

Hi David, I do not know wich post was first, the point is that wen you need info. you ask and it is wath I deed I ask and you guys have been ansering, sorry that this is upseting you, it was never my intention to make nay of apset, my intention was only to get sincere advice with no gain anlike that of the rep of each manufaturer.

After you anser this post I will know that you have read it and I will cansel the topic.

KETCH ROSSI

Hi David, this post was first, the point is that wen you need info. you ask and it is wath I deed I ask and you guys have been ansering, sorry that this is upseting you, it was never my intention to make any one apset, my intention was only to get sincere advice with no gain anlike that of the rep of each manufaturer.

KETCH ROSSI

• Premium Member

I'm not upset, I'm just confused. I don't know why after the replies you got to your question in at least three other threads, you then started a new one with the same question. Now there are too many threads going at once addressing your project. This is why you don't cross-post the same question.

I hope you got the answers you needed somewhere in all of those different posts.

I'm not upset, I'm just confused. I don't know why after the replies you got to your question in at least three other threads, you then started a new one with the same question. Now there are too many threads going at once addressing your project. This is why you don't cross-post the same question.

I hope you got the answers you needed somewhere in all of those different posts.

Hi David, yes I did in part, know I like to cancel some of the posts but do not know how.

Hi,

THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST ON THIS TOPIC AND WILL NOT COME BACK TO THIS TOPIC.

I WANT TO THANK EVERY ONE FOR THE ADVICES.

I'm PURCHASING THE "VIPER FILMSTREAM" AS EVERY ONE HERE SUGGESTED.

SO AGAIN, THANKS

PS.

WILL POST FROM ITALY WILE SHOOTING