maybe interesting

daniel mahlknecht

I developed a jear ago a double8mm film, that a friend of mine had found in his fathers old camera.

What I got was a totally black fil, but against strong light I could see that there there where pictures on it, but no chance to project or even scan them. now a a month ago I found the film again, and instead of throwing it away, I put it for abouth 2weeks in a fixingbath, and in the end it really became translucent, and I could telecine it. On the film was my friend at the age of abouth 12 jears, and now he has 47 jears!

(i had developed it wizth ordinary b&w foto neg developer, and got therefore a b&w neg, I don't know what te material originally was)

maybe someone is interested in things like this :)

daniel

I developed a jear ago a double8mm film, that a friend of mine had found in his fathers old camera.

I put it for abouth 2weeks in a fixingbath,

On the film was my friend at the age of abouth 12 jears, and now he has 47 jears!

(i had developed it wizth ordinary b&w foto neg developer, and got therefore a b&w neg, I don't know what te material originally was)

I congratulate you.

I processing old film too, This was B&W reversal and color reversal films, shooted at 1985...1990 ( maybe ).

I use double time of processing and have a some result.

B&W reversal film had better result from color reversal.

You told about 2 weeks in a fixing bath.

You can tell detailed. You use this bath with processed film or inside processing of film ?

Yes, the fixing bath can clarify a some pictures on film.

I do this after make of first B&W develiping, clean. But, this must be fast bath, 10..20 sec only.

A bout your second films, this is fantastic. I think, this was B&W negative film, because, B&W reversal film must be full dark after negative processing.

yes, abouth 35 years old, you can download a piece of it at www.dapalmerfilm.com/download/oldfilm.mp4 I'm sure that if I treated it a bit more precisely result would have ben better still I didn't expect to get anything at all.

It sure was reversal film, color or b&w I can't tell.

daniel